Friday, January 9, 2015

Welcome...#fmfparty


Yipee!  the five minute party is back http://katemotaung.com/2015/01/08/five-minute-friday-welcome-and-a-video/ & the posted word is: WELCOME.

 So,  I have 5 minutes to write about this & not dwell or spent time looking for the right image.  I have to confess that I did just that before I started the timer.  At first,  I was going to write about the places I feel most welcome,  but so much of that has changed with the circumstances of my life.  And that just doesn't match with what I'm thinking my word for the year is going to be.... more on that another time.   Wow,  time goes fast,  I only have 2 minutes left.  Anyways,  I was perusing the images & saw so many signs about welcome to my city.  And that brought back so many memories of road trips & me insisting on taking a family picture in front of said sign.  In fact,  when I was first married (oops,  the timer went off,  but I'll still finish this story), we literally stopped at every small town in the Midwest (my husband, at the time, worked for Doty Labs for the summer & we drove to all the grain elevators collecting samples to send back to the lab.  It was a wonderful summer.  And I loved how creative each town would be to try to convey it's personality & make you feel welcome.

okay,  broke the rules just a little bit,  but I was having so much fun blogging & I wanted to finish the story & keep on smiling.  And I really do love looking at all these welcome signs.  Here is a welcome sign that I want to visit sometime.  It was on the "wish list" before Daddy died.  And we were suppose to go when the boy grew taller & was double digits.  But finances & other circumstances has put that dream on the shelf.  Maybe,  someday,  I'm still hopeful & that's what matters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment