Thursday, May 8, 2014

move... lighting speed






Life has been moving at lighting speed.  It isn't the road that I wish,  but it's the path the God has put us on.  And the journey is as it should be.










Lately,  it's felt like a ride that is exhilarating at times,  but mostly one that I'd like to get off & have a breather.  One that I'd get back to the end of the line with my family to watch & anticipate being back on.  I'd love those line times when we would just talk & share,  funny at the time,  it was tiresome to get into a long line at Disneyland for just 5 minutes of "thrill".  But now when I remember back,  those are some of my best memories with my kids.






Superstar will be graduating from highschool in 3 weeks.  Talk about lighting speed as I think about getting the announcements out,  preparing for our open house graduation celebration & family coming.  I've also been picking up more worktime as other people in the office have graduation events to attend.  And there have been so many end of the year & award banquets to attend.





So,  when I do have time... when I should be getting things done,  I'd rather sit on the couch watching mind numbing reality TV (oh my gravy!.... the cowboys are still my favorite & maybe if they are on for the 5th time,  they'll win).  I should MOVE off this easy chair & off the computer & clean up the fish pond since we are having the graduation party outside & it would be lovey to have the fountain running instead of buried under the leaves.  I should be planting more flowers in the bed & replacing the dead ones hanging from the porch railing.  I need to cut out the articles of Superstar from the newspapers that are piled by the front door so I can bring them to the recycling center.  There are so many worthwhile activities that I should just get a MOVE on.... yup,  this was definitely the right word for this year

I did get the ferns hung & the hosta is cleared of leaves,  but it's just in a pile by the picnic table & I'm waiting for Brother to wake up to help me bag them.  My flower pots don't look like these but I'm thinking maybe I should go look for some for the front porch.  The ones that I have hang down & have the expose brown grass stuff as the bottom & held in by black iron.  I just wish I was in the mood to do this.... seriously,  I'd rather be on my couch with HGTV & watching someone making  a yard & house beautiful.... actually,  can they come to my house & do it.  SIGH!  ok,  off the computer & going to MOVE (what a great word!)

No comments:

Post a Comment