Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Writer doesn't have to get it right the first time

This is maybe my 3rd or 4th attempt at blog writing.  The first one was during my husband's illness & it was to just get feelings out.  I probably could have gone back to that,  because now I need to get other feelings out,  but that's the whole point of my blog title... I want to get unstuck.  I really need to get untangled & like it says in Phillippians 3:: 12-14,  I'm pressing on.  Actually,  maybe I should just put the verses here,  using the ESV

2 Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. 13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained. 17 Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. 18 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. 

oops,  I went further on the verse... I really like this copy & paste stuff... but I digress.  I write again.  I've been inspired by other blog writers like http://mostlytoday.blogspot.com/ & http://hisglory-glorydawn.blogspot.com/who are using this forum to give voice to their journey.  And now I want to share my journey.

I've been going to a grief share group that just ended the first 13 week session. One of the lessons I came away with is that I need to not be stuck in widowhood.  I don't want to be like the little old lady that goes on about her dead husband,   sympathizing with her,  thinking it's a recent loss only to find out he passed away 20 years ago.  That's stuck,  I don't want that to me.  But I think I've been tangled up in the mess of getting settled into this new normal that I haven't really pressed on.

And so,  like any issue,  it's in acknowledging that there is an "issue" that gives you the freedom work on it,  learn from it,  grow...  press on,

I'm not sure who is going to read this blog aside from family & friends.  I've decided to be a little more discreet (my kids say to me all the time to not post their sayings or doings or images on facebook) since this is a public medium.  But I'm hoping that this journey of mine brings healing & encouragement.... press on
 

Keep Calm and Carry On was a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 several months before the beginning of the Second World War, intended to raise the morale of the British public in the aftermath of widely predicted mass air attacks on major cities.

I couldn't find an image that said keep calm and press on but I like the story of this anyways & decided to add it to my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment