Saturday, December 28, 2013

Cast of Characters

As we were all gathered for Christmas,  my kids asked about my new blog & wondered how I was going to refer to them since I was being more discreet.  So,  I thought I'd introduce my family


Sweetpea Princess is my first born & probably had all the nicknames that are going to be mention (well maybe not the boy ones).  But her Daddy use to call her that when she was tiny & he would tuck her under his chin & then take a nap on the couch.  She is away at college,  but it is only 2 hours away so is able to come visit when her studies aren't intense (hardly ever since she is a 4yr 4.0 & is getting ready for grad school & doctorate program in Physical Therapy) & job schedule doesn't interfere.  Sweetpea has a heart for missions & has been an inspiration to many.  She's one of my heroes.




Superstar is 3.5 years younger but has been trying to keep up with big sister since she was born.  They "debated" if Daddy gave her this nickname,  but like I said before,  he called all of them interchangeably & I'm ending it now & calling her this.  It fits, because ever since she started swimming at the grand age of 5 she has been setting records.  Superstar is in her last year of public highschool & has been a testament of the solid foundation of homeschooling.  I think I was a good teacher for my kids.





Baby Girl really had this name for the first 2 weeks of her life since she was birthed at an urgent care & I took her home without naming her on her birth certificate.  I actually call her Sweetheart more because that's what she is..... the biggest heart for children & the underdogs.  I've discovered that her love language is the same as mine & it's been fun to watch her love on the people in her life.  I'm so blessed that I'm on of those people.






Brother,  my son,  coming at the tail,  12.5 years from Sweetpea & 6 years from Baby Girl.  He is all boy in a gaggle of girls & can get in a heap of trouble for it.









Linda Caroline,   a form of my name that one of my best friends from nursing school has dubbed me.  My father wanted to name me Caroline after the president's daughter.... my mother wouldn't have it & named me after her dead sister.... sigh... I have never really liked my name,  but it is what it is.














Daddy,  I think I'll introduce him here, as well, since he's still a big part of our lives.  He died 3 years ago of SNUC,  a rare form of brain cancer.  He was the best husband,  but even better Daddy & that's why I'm choosing to refer to him as that.

2 comments: