Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It should have been another snow day... but it wasn't... AAUGH!!

One of my best friends lives in Oregon & once told me that if she had to wait for it to stop raining to go out,  then she'd never go out.

I thought of that yesterday when I was shoveling the driveway at 6 AM (yup,  in the morning when it was still dark outside & the temperature was in the single digits)  in anticipating getting my car out of the garage to commute my hour drive to work.   I was a bit miffed that when I looked back at what should have been clear cement was lightly covered in snow.  That's right,  it had not stopped snowing while I was out there.  I felt like Charlie Brown when Lucy snatches the football out from his kick.  ARGHH!

I thought at least my kids don't have to go to school today & be out in this mess.  But the school call never came.  And so my 2nd born,  Superstar,  got the pleasure of driving out of the garage first to be at school at 6:45a.  She has a zero hour class,  it's honors english... it's for superachievers.... which is why she is a Superstar... but I digress... My kids had to go to school & I had to go to work.  It really should have been another snow day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment