Saturday, March 28, 2015

It wasn't Friday

On my morning walk with the dogs yesterday,  I realized that it was Friday & not Saturday.  And I sighed a sigh of relief because I didn't have to rush around to get Brother to Basketball,  then piano contest & then to help with Uncle's roof.  And then,  I laughed at myself for stressing about a blogpost for Five Minute Friday when it was actually Thursday.  And then,  I pondered about "break".  I read another #FMF post & she wrote about how Jesus took breaks.  I,  also read another (but not a #FMF) where she wrote about our society has gotten so selfish about "me time".  Both were valid & I wasn't sure which side I want to be on.  Can't I be in both camps?  I didn't read anymore break blogs,  one because I didn't have time & second because I didn't want them to cloud my thoughts in my ponderings.  I still want to write about break.  I like this word.  It's deep.  Maybe this will be my word next year.  But I need to move (oops that was my word from last year... old habit) FORWARD (this year's word is good,  but not as good as move).

So,  I've pondered & read through my old post to see if I gave my coworker a nickname.  I didn't. (Oops,  when I was finishing up this post,  I saw a label for Beautiful Blonde & I did write about her... ha, ha  here Sally the Beautiful Blonde) I want to because I need to write about work more & she is a big part of why work has been good for me.
I think I will nickname her Sally.  Because well,  it's close enough to her real name & because she kinda looks like her with the curly brown hair & the cute smile.  She is younger than me,  but not that much since we have kids around the same age.

She's been in the office for almost 20 years.  And has been a wonderful friend.  I didn't realize how much until she had to be absent with her broken arms.  I had come to depend on talking with her about life.  It was easy because we have alot in common.

And so,  even though it wasn't Friday,  I joined the party early & wrote a post.  And even though,  I wasn't going to write about broken tibias,  I wrote about Sally.  Hi Sally!


No comments:

Post a Comment