Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Timer is my friend

I have missed a whole week of this challenge of blogging every day.  And it wasn't writer's block that had me stopped.  And it wasn't even my usual distractions,  but it's because I wanted to write a birthday blog around my day of honor & I couldn't figure out how to load the picture of this year's cake.  Stupid reason,  but it's what stopped me this time.  I seem to always have "stuff" that keeps me from doing what I'm suppose to do.  Most of the time,  it's because I can get so unfocus on the goal & get caught up in the details (like wanting to have the picture because I had the one of last year's cake),  And so,  that is why I'm saying the timer is my friend.  This is a new timer that I bought for myself just recently.  The other timers in this house have been absconded for piano practice or cooking (which is really what they are for anyways).  I need the timer to bring me back into focus.  The little ding (though this one rings quite annoyingly) snaps me out of my distraction.  I also use it to keep on a task.  If I break up a task in 15 minute increments,  I'm most likely to accomplish it.  If it's too daunting,  I become overwhelmed & just give up.  And so,  the timer is my friend,  daily, 
          I'm going to have a catch up day today as I write several blogs so I can try to make it daily.  I'm thinking that this challenge is more about making it a priority to blog,  than for me to stick to the duty of daily.  And so,  it's in moving FORWARD... & almost starting over.  Maybe,  it's more like picking myself up & continuing.  I'm thinking that continue may be my word for next year,  but well,  I digress & that's for another day & another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment