Friday, October 3, 2014

Habits



I've heard it said that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  I suppose that's why this challenge was created to help us "wannabe" writers get into the habit of blogging.  I've been reading posts from the facebook page & it's been from alot of people who stumble upon the challenge.  I, on the other hand,  thought long & hard about it knowing that it was going to form a habit.

Yes,  I want to be blogging again but do I want to take precious time away from my family to be on the computer.  Do I have the discipline that it takes to not spend hours looking for just the right image to go with what I want to convey?  Will I prioritize my tasks so that I will blog every day?  These & other questions were what I wrestled with when I learned about the challenge.  I didn't want it to be something that I started & didn't finish.  I wanted to form a GOOD habit.  It's really not about posting something every day (though if I really do that,  it will be a measureable goal that I will celebrate).  But making a habit to limit my computer time. A habit of learning how to blog & make the pretties (font change, strike throughs, linkys, buttons... stuff like that)  A habit to plan so that I can be organized.  A habit of  writing & being vulnerable.






   
 A habit of sharing my                        heart

No comments:

Post a Comment