Monday, October 6, 2014

Why Blog?

I first started to blog when my husband was going through his cancer treatment & it was cathartic.  And after he died,  I blogged for a while because there were some who were interested in my journey,  but I noticed the following dwindled.  These were 2 very personal blogs with very personal family & friends who followed.  Then I took a hiatus from writing anything.  I didn't even write in a journal.  I don't think I felt like sharing my heart.  I was too raw & vulnerable. I felt the need to retreat.
    I started this blog because I felt the need to write about my journey of pressing on.  I didn't have an audience in mind.  I really just wanted to encourage myself.  I felt that by writing, venting & expressing both my angst & joys,  I could untangle my feelings of grief,  single parenthood & loneliness.  I needed to become unstuck & move on to what God's purpose in my life (whatever that is... because I still haven't figured it out).   Hence,  the title of this blog is Unstuck, Untangling, Pressing on.  I guess I'm the intended reader & if anyone else reads my writing than that's just an added bonus.

    Sometimes,  I use this blog more to vent & so I probably sound "whiny".  I don't feel the need to apologize for that because venting is part of the purpose.  Venting helps me become unstuck.  I vent & then I press on.

    Sometimes,  I ramble and again,  I don't think I should apologize for that because I'm the intended reader.  And rambling helps me untangle my thoughts.  It helps me get my thoughts out of my head so that I can make some sense of it & press on.

 


 Sometimes,  I have no focus..... & that's why I need to write... to blog... to press on

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I've cared about you every step of the journey :) Your ramblings are God-inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, friend. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete