Saturday, October 18, 2014

Motivation in blogging, take 2

I wrote this morning before leaving for the band competition & now I'm waiting for the text that says "come pick me up".  It is 12:49AM and I'm not sure what time they will be rolling in since the last text I received said that for placing third,  all 3 buses were stopping at sonic for ice cream. 

Okay,  focus,  blog post motivation... though not sure you won't see a take 3 on this one.  Remember I've been sitting outside on hard football stadium bleachers where it was pleasantly sunny & progressively become COLD.  And then a 3 hour ride home (so grateful I didn't drive).

I've seen many 31 dayers (that's the name of the community who have joined this 31 day challenge) say that they are having a hard time keeping up with the posting.  Weekends have been hard for me.

I've been processing "why" it would be hard for them.  I know for me,  it's hard because the kids schedule take up my weekend hours when I would usually write.  Before this challenge,  what kept me from writing was feeling "unmotivated".  I just didn't "feel" like writing.  And so I wouldn't & hence why I didn't blog during the summer & couldn't get back into the swing of it even after the kids went back to school.

When I approached this challenge,  I knew if I picked a category that seemed technical,  that I wouldn't be encumbered by my feelings.  Plus,  I wanted to explore the world of blogging.  What has helped me the most in my motivation is that I have a clear goal with a set accomplishment & finish date.  My goal is to have posted in my blog every day in the category of blogging,  internet & social media during the month of October.  It's that simple. 

There's more that I've pondering on motivation in blogging,  but that's for another day. (ps,  I'm still waiting for Baby Girl's txt,  but I'd rather be reading a blog than writing one... so I'm stopping),

No comments:

Post a Comment