Thursday, October 16, 2014

SEO? & blog post that go viral

I have so much to learn!  Today, I read a blog http://www.samanthamcgowan.com/2014/10/16/reasons-to-comment-on-blogs/#comment-893 that taught me about SEO. To quote from her: Search engine optimization (SEO) is how Google ranks websites on their page when someone types into their search bar. This is daunting & I'm a bit fearful what I've stepped into as I entered the world of blogging.
    I was having a conversation with SweetPea & she asked if I wanted to have my blog go viral.  Again,  I have so much to learn.  I asked,  why would I want it to go viral?  This dialog was after I had written my post about "readership" (I should be able to put a linky thing to that post,  but I don't feel like learning that today).  Yes,  I do want to help change the world.... but I don't know if I really want to go the way of Ebola & spread where I'm not wanted.
   I don't see myself as an aspiring writer.  I've never wanted to write a book.  I just have children that I want to pass my heart to.  I have thoughts that need processing.  I need accountablity.  I need consistency.  I need community.  I've joined the blogging world & have found that.  So,  like it or not,  I may someday go "viral" because I have touch a chord of our world that needs to be heard.  I am a blogger,  hear me roar!


No comments:

Post a Comment