Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Wordlessness

The kids are at school.  The windows are closed (it's chilly out & AUTUMN is finally here).  And the only sounds that I hear is the hum of the refridgerator & the clacking as I type.  It's quiet.  I like it.... sigh (the contented kind!).
     I've been asked,  what I thought of posts that are just pictures.  I think they are fantastic. I love pictures.  I'm planning on it tomorrow... Wordless Wednesday.  I might even have a Silent Sunday. 
    Sometimes,  there are no words to the thoughts I want to convey.  Sometimes,  I just want to share what I'm feeling & I don't really know how.  But a picture will do it.  A picture of a teardrop sliding down a face. Or a photo of a small hand holding out fresh picked dandelions. 
    During my husband's memorial,  it was the wordless hugs that meant the most to me.  The friends who could sit with me & not feel uncomfortable with the silence were the ones who I knew I could count on.  There is something very powerful in "wordlessness".
  

2 comments:

  1. You're write--sometimes a part tells more than a bunch of words could. It's those slices of beauty and kindness that refresh us and help us in our times of deepest need. Thank you for sharing at the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words convey how silence can feel very sacred. I'm a visual person who loves pictures and I agree with you that they can speak powerfully in the absence of our words. Thanks for connecting with me - so nice to meet you!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete